Thursday, July 12, 2018

Celebrate Summertime!




Happy Thursday!  I am popping in with a card to share.  I am playing along with a couple of blog challenges.

I am playing along with PTI Make It Monday Challenge and The Paper Craft Crew, and the Paper Players 400th Challenge Celebration.






For the PTI shadow background challenge, I started with a piece of spring moss card stock that I die cut with the Noted Pinked: A2 Vertical die. I stamped the herb images from the Make It Market Mini Kit: Herb Garden.  I used soft stone ink.  I liked the images softer in the background.  I sponged some versamark around the edges for effect.


For the focal images, I used PTI select white card stock. I used Forest Floor:  Summer stamp set and Forest Floor: Summer die set. 


I arranged my strawberries around the oval frame.  I added some wink of stella for some added sparkle and shine.  In keeping with the sketch, I die cut a fishtail banner using Tag Sale: Quilted die and a piece of the polka dot Bitty Big: Pure Poppy color collection.


I added the pinked edge panel to a top folding PTI select white card stock
base.  I finished my card with a few clear sequins.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!



7 comments

  1. Beautiful card! Love the background - awesome job with the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly summer. Perfectly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bunch of berries is glorious but the quiet high achiever in this card is your fabulous background. The pinked and stitched edge is lovely and your soft stamping and sponging makes a ground that lets your berries really shine. Thank you for joining in the celebrations at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome summery card, Betty! I love the berries, they look so juicy! Thanks for playing along with our 400th challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card and love the Spring Moss background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your strawberries look good enough to eat on this beautiful card, Betty! :-p And the grey shadow background on green is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.