Saturday, July 21, 2018

Two Cards One Post!




Happy Saturday!  I am popping in with two cards to share today.  I am playing along with a few blog challenges.


My first card is for this week's MFT Sketch Challenge and The Color Throwdown.



I started with some Strathmore watercolor paper.  I used the smooshing technique using Ranger Distressed Oxide Blueprint Sketch and Distressed Oxide Broken China inks.  I used my heat tool to dry in between to create more depth.  


For the focal panel and to follow the sketch, I used my MFT Inside and Out Stitched Square Stax.  One for the larger square and one to cut out smaller squares.  I used the MFT Adorable Elephants to stamp using versamark ink and clear embossed.  I colored using my Arteza Real Brush Markers.


I used Blueprints 20 for the sentiment strip. I die cut a piece of PTI weathervane card stock.  I stamped with versamark and white embossed one of the sentiments from the Adorable Elephants stamp set.  


I used some foam tape to add my background panel, windows, elephant squares, and sentiment to the card.  I added a bunch of clear sequins inside the opposite windows to create the illusion of bubbles or water or a faux shaker card.


For my second card, I am playing along with CASE this Sketch, SSS Wednesday Challengeand MFT The Birthday Project.  



I started with some kraft card stock top folding card base.  I used some white pigment ink to stamp the MFT Birthday background stamp.   Next, I die cut the stitched rectangle from Blueprints 20.  I used MFT Distressed Patterns stamp set to stamp a very subtle splattered background using Sno Cone ink.    


Next, I die cut the Donut and Sprinkles stamp set in kraft and used the coordinating dies to stamp the icing and sprinkles.  I used ripe raspberry, lemon chiffon, and summer splash card stocks.  I added some glossy accents to the top of each donut to create a sugary glaze.  To make it look textured, I spread it around with the Spellbinder's Tool-n-One plastic spatula so it dripped off of the sides.


For my sentiment, I used the medium sized happy die from the past that was free.  I layered some ripe raspberry with PTI select white card stock.  For the sentiment, I used a Pure Innocence Happy Happy Birthday set.  


I just used the birthday and stamped with versamark and white embossed onto true black card stock.  I die cut it with one of the dies from Blueprint 13.  I popped up the PTI select white panel with some foam tape before adding it to the kraft base.  I finished my card with a few clear sequins.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!








4 comments

  1. Two fabulous projects. Came for your donuts (what a great idea for that sketch) but I love your take on a shaker with those adorable ellies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are both WONDERFUL! LOVE your designs! Great use of dies too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that donut card is delicious! I LOVE the "glaze"! I predict a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.