Saturday, July 28, 2018

Merry Christmas!



Happy Saturday!  I am popping in with a festive card to share.  I am playing along with a few blog challenges.  


I am playing along with this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge, Just Add Ink, and TGIF Challenges.




We are "repeating the greeting" this week with the MIM challenge.  This works perfectly with TGIF and Just Add Ink, too.   I thought it would be fun to use a Christmas stamp for the background.  I am using the Make It Market Mini Tag Kit.  I repeatedly stamped one of the focal images for the background.  Using my Tim Holtz stamping platform made this go fast.  


I layered the tags.  I used PTI select white, pure poppy, and some Tim Holtz gold foil card stocks.  For some added embellishments, I stamped and die cut the holly leaves and berries from Spruce and Sprigs stamp set and Spruce and Sprigs die set. 


I added some gold circle scribbles dies behind the tags for added effect.  I love how it the added touches make everything pop.  


I mounted everything to a top folding pure poppy card base.  I finished with some red and white twine looped around and through the tag.  And, can you believe it?  Not a clear sequin anywhere.  Truth be told I think I forgot.  LOL!

As always thanks so much for stopping by!


9 comments

  1. What a beautiful Christmas card! I love how you used the solid stamp for your background - a whole new way to use that kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Betty...LOVE it!! I had to have that kit when it came out because I love making tags, and then I never even opened it up...need to definitely use it this year!! Thanks for the lovely inspiration!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - this is a Beautiful Christmas Card. I really like the idea of using the stamp as the back ground and focal point of the card. Makes your stamps so much more versatile. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever twist on the challenge! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Betty! Using the same stamped image for the background and your tag gives such a beautiful sense of movement and I also love the luxury of your gold pieces too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling Christmas card! Great idea for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the gorgeous background you created and all the great details, especially the gold foil. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Using that stamp all over the background makes it such a striking design Betty. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using the tag sentiment to create a bold and graphic background is really stunning Betty! Thanks for joining us Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.