Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Thank You!



Happy Wednesday!  I have a card to share.  I am playing along with a few blog challenges.  
I am playing along with Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge 
and The Paper Players color challenge.


I started with PTI select white card stock.  I used Mix and Mat: Plaid to create my stencil.  I inked some distressed oxide broken china ink.  I die cut this panel with the Mix and Mat: Postal die. 


I used Beautiful Berries: Spring stamp set and Beautiful Berries: Spring die for my focal images.  I stamped the leaves with new leaf and green parakeet inks.  I stamped the berries with raspberry fizz and scarlet jewel inks.


For the sentiment, I used Keep It Simple Frame dies.  I stamped using Memento Tuxedo black ink the sentiment from Sentiment Staples:  Thank You mini stamp set.



I layered the postal panel to a piece of winter wisteria card stock using foam tape. I added all of it to a PTI select white top folding card stock base.



I finished my card with a few clear sequins.



I am entering this card into the  PTI Transformation Tuesday Challenge.  I initially had the card on a teal colored background that I stenciled using versamark.  I actually loved it.  However, once I took a picture, edited, and looked at it on the screen, I realized it was just too busy and too harsh.  Plus, I was making this card for The Paper Players challenge and somehow substituted teal for purple.  Seriously!?!  I had to redo it!  I very carefully ripped - tore - pried  the top part off and reconfigured the base.  This also explains why most of my stenciling is covered on my first card.  I thought I would have plenty showing since I did the edges, too.  I did go back and add a few touches of stenciling to the white parts on the top card, though.  Crisis Averted!

So,  which one do you like better?

As always thanks so much for stopping by!


11 comments

  1. 2 beauties, Betty! The colors you followed for the Paper Players Challenge are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty, I so enjoyed reading your blog today. You have a great sense of humor. Both of your designs are beautiful, with just a touch of stenciling. (Kudos for prying it apart!). I sincerely like them both but I love your choice of purple in the 2nd card. It picks up the colors of your pretty pink flowers and highlights them nicely. Or maybe it's because I'm drawn to feminine colors. Nice work Betty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, bravo on the rescue Betty - one fabulous card turned into another! I love the stencil detail on your postage stamp panel behind the flowers and personally prefer the one with the purple background as I think it makes your flowers pop more (but I would say that, wouldn't I?!) Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color combinations on both cards, they are so pretty! The design is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glorious! From the arrangement of blooms to the jaunty angle of the postage stamp shaped panel, it is perfect! Thank you so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty...Outstanding florals!! Love how you handled the colors! Just Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, this is so beautiful! I love the way you used our color combo! The touch of blue is the background is a lovely addition! So happy you joined us at The Paper Player this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.