Sunday, July 8, 2018

You're Turtley Awesome and Thank You So Much!




Happy Sunday!  I am popping in with two cards to share today.  I am playing along with a coule of blog challenges.  

For the first card I am playing along with  I am playing along with PINspirational Challenge and Paper Craft Crew.






I started with a piece of leftover/discarded ombre watercolor background panel that I created for this card here.  I could not let it go to waste.  While I did not like it in its complete form, I did like it very much once I die cut it with PTI Bold Borders Wave die.  I mounted it to a PTI select white card stock base.  I popped up the center portion with foam tape.

 

Next, I once again used my Sea Salt: Flora stamp set, Sea Salt: Fauna stamp set, and Sea Salt: Sentiment Mini stamp set.  These are quickly becoming my favorite images!  Instead of using people from the inpirationl photo, I used some of the same colors in my underwater sea scene.


I arranged my ocean turtle and the fauna on my card.  For some elements I used foam tape others I just glued with some Tombow Aqua Glue.   



  I stamped the sentiment  using versamark onto a piece of strathmore watercolor card stock and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I sponged some blueberry sky ink over to coordinate with the background panel.  


I finished my card with a few clear sequins.

For my second card,  I wanted to play along with The Card Concept Inspiration Challenge.






I started with some PTI select white card stock base.  I used some pattern papers from Authentique
Cheerful and Latest and Greatest Collections to mimic the wood background and colors in the inspiration photo.


I used gold foil card stock on the scalloped frame to play off of the gold utensils.  I layered with a stitched circle frame that I stamped the sentiment from Pen and Ink stamp set using versamark and white embossed.  I sponged some lovely lady ink over to mimic the look from the inspiration photo.


 I stamped and die cut a flower from Bitty Bouquet stamp set and Bitty Bouquet die collection and popped it to the side. I added wink of stella to the flower for some added shine.  Again, I finished the card with a few clear sequins!


As always thanks so much for stopping by!





4 comments

  1. You've created a super underwater scene -- love that wave die; I had thought you'd done some embossing until I read your description. Thank you for entering the PINspirational Challenge. Sandy/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Betty! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this challenge. We hope you'll come back in the fall when we start back up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet turtle-card ;o) Love the backgorund! Thank you for playing along with our curent challenge at Pinspirational Challenges! Have a great day and happy crafting, yours Maike

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.