Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Papertrey Ink July Blog Hop!



Happy Wednesday!  Playing along with this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop Challenge.  




I decided to stay with the water/ocean theme, but make it more above the water than below.  I am using the colors from the above inspiration with some added greens.   


I used Shape Shifters:  Oval 2  in PTI Select White card stock and inlaid spring rain and enchanted evening card stocks.  I popped everything up with foam tape.  


I added my hibiscus flowers using Some Like It Hot stamp set and Some Like It Hot dies.  I also added a few sprigs from the Tropics stamp set and Tropics dies.


For the sentiment, I used Salt Air:  Sentiments stamp set.  I stamped in onto vellum and white heat embossed.  I added the oval to an enchanted evening background panel that I stamped using Background Basics: Celestial Sky for some added detail.I finished my card with a few clear sequins.

As always thanks so much for hopping by!





22 comments

  1. I love how you used the oval die to create a water scene with those gorgeous inlaid blues! So clever to give this card a tropical feel with the flowers. Beautifully executed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blooms are just perfect on that oval die! May have to copy your wonderful idea...😉 Fantastic Card Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bright colors against your blue background is lovely. The Shape Shifter was an excellent choice to frame everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the colors and your design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are so beautiful, and I love them against the dark blue background....stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Betty ~ love the oval die and waves you created so perfect with those tropical flowers and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Betty! I love your idea of using those hibiscus flowers to create this tropical beauty. They're paired perfectly with that oval Mix & Mat. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used flowers on your oval frame Betty - a bright splash of color on the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Betty!! I love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so pretty & tropical. Love how you incorporated the different images. Great job Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I love the design and your colors I think you have inspired me to buy that die . I have been putting it off, But your design I think is the cincher. I love all the gradation and your added elemdnt o fthe red flower that really accentuates everything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow--one of my favorites in the gallery so far! Fabulous card, Betty--makes me add to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!! I love the bright flowers against the navy background, and the oval frame goes so well with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card, Betty! But your cards always are. Love the tropical flowers in front of the beach "window"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely stunning Betty...just love your incredible card. Your use of the sweet tropical flowers is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous design! Love your bright hibiscus flowers - they are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Betty, loved your card on Instagram, and love seeing it close up. Just stunning. Love the colored Hibiscus!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a showstopper, Betty! Now I see more new products I want now. Your layers are perfect and love the hibiscus and tropic sets together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You nailed it! Great take on the inspiration; your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love the floral cluster from that set! Beautiful, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.