Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Beauty and Joy, Mojo, CR84FN, and MORE!





Happy Wednesday! I am in the mist of some major spring cleaning and craftroom overhaul.  I figure I have been working on the whole house for about a month.   I am taking small areas at a time.  It seems closets and drawers are the worse.    In my craftroom I have been purging and getting my craft space neater as well.  I still have a ways to go, but my dh ventured in to my craftroom last night and told me that the place was looking great!    I figured if I have not used it in awhile it has got to go.   Anyway, through all the cleaning,   I had to take a break and make a card today for this week's Mojo Monday Sketch186.   I love sketch challenges.   I generally make 5.5 sized cards.    For this card, I went  A2.   I just want you to know that this size is so hard for me.  The area seems so small.   It was definitely a challenge.  Lots to squeeze into a small space.  LOL!   


For my card,  I am using Verve Feel the Sun stamp set.  I combined this set with some new Pink Paislee butterfly garden paper pack that was begging for some attention.  I am also using some of my new spellbinders...woohoo!


I textured the background with a woodgrain plate.  I inked the edges with some vintage cream ink.  I used the largest of the Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Square to create my border.   I inked the edges with some camomille. I stitched around the layered pink pirouette and dp and inked with camomille also..  I cut out a smaller size of the same Fleur de Lis frame.   NOTE:  Oftentimes, I will layer the same sized die cut and frame in like colors to give the frame some weight.   Also, as in this case, I will layer a frame with a contrasting color.  This frame is layered with black.  The black is ever so slightly visible from the side and at various angles.  I think this creates some added depth and dimension.  I stamped and colored the flower with copics.  I added some touches of glitter in the center and on the leaves.  I added a seam binding bow, button, and gold pearl center.


I also added some pearls around my layered Fleur de Lis Accents frame.  This frame was created by alternating two of the same frames...one in ivory and the other in black.  I finished with May Arts ivory twine and two corsage pins.  My camera really picked up the textured/fraying of my twine.  I decided I like this wild textured look and let it be. 


I am using the colors for this week's CR84FN23 ChallengeBeautiful colors, Mona! 

I also am playing in a few other blog challenges.  The ABC Challenge:   S is for Sugar and Spice (sugar is my glitter, the spice is my sponging), Tuesday Throwdown:  Sparkle and Bling,   Incy Wincy:  Flower Frenzy (used a flower and word wildflower),  Simon Says Stamp: Distressing, Totally Stampalicious:  Anything Goes,  Papertake Weekly:  Truly Dimensional,  Pile It On:  Say It With Style



Stamps:  Verve Feel the Sun
Paper:  PTI black, SU pink pirouette, Flourishes classic ivory, pink paislee butterfly garden
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versamark, PTI camomille/chai, vintage cream
Accessories: Spellbinders, Nestabilities, Fleur de Lis square frames, Fleur de Lis Accents, cirlces, squares, petite scallop circles, May Arts Twine, Pizzazz Aplenty pearls, button, hug snug seam binding cream, PTI woodgrain texture plate, versamark, stampendous glitter, glue pen, foam circles, foam tape, glue dots, sponges, gel picker(Pizzazz Aplenty).


28 comments

  1. Beautiful card Betty!! Love the colors and all your layers :)
    hugs,
    Cheryl W

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautifully done.. love the black n white with the pink.. and the little details really make a statement..
    -anne-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as always, Betty. Love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so gorgeous Betty!! WOW!! I love your elegant layout and that fabulous ribbon bow!! Smiles, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, great colors so soothing and I love the layered nesties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, Betty! Love all the fabulous layers! Thanks for playing with Mojo Monday and CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning, Betty! I love the layered die look. I guess I never noticed that was the size you work with. I always do the 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 size myself. Your work is always beautiful no matter what size you use. :)

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CR84FN!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Betty! Love all the layers and the pearls! So elegant and classy! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty, another FABULOUS card! LOVE the double layered frame ~ great added dimension! LOVE the sentiment and your wildflower! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!!! This is simply beautiful!! Love the sentiment, the colors, the big bow...Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Betty! First up, congrats on the Terrific Top Three last week! Secondly, this is STUNNING! Is there anything you make that isn't SOLID GOLD?!?! GORGEOUS!!! So ornate, yet soft and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!! Wonderful work with the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty, another gorgeous card. I love the big bow. Great colors. When you're done at your house, how about coming to mine?????

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stunning!! There is so much wonderful detail in your card - I love the Fleur de Lis squares, and those pearls are the perfect accent. Fabulous sentiment too! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully done Betty!

    Thank you so very much for playing along with us at Totally Stampalicious this week, hope you'll come back next week!

    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Betty!! Your dark bg makes the image and sentiment pop!! Love how you framed each also. Love this charming card!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just beautiful, I love thecolor combo, always one of my faves and the details are wonderful. Thank You for joining us at Pile It on this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully done A2 card Betty! I know I gravitate to larger size cards because I like "breathing room". Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beauty, Betty! Love, love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful card betty-thanks for the tip on how you layer your dies-love it and this card

    ReplyDelete
  21. I see it all Betty, and it is all so lovely, well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! Love the layers and the use of the colors! Glad you joined us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  23. great card! thanks for joining incy wincy this week!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card, Betty! Love the new dies and the colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  26. So beautiful!! I like the layes and colours very much;-) The sentiment is lovely. Thanks for joining us on the ABC Challenge.
    Hugs,Minna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.