Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My Happy Place Is With You!









Happy Wednesday!   I have a fun, colorful card to share today.  I am joining the team at The Color Throwdown as a Guest Star Stamper this week.   I just love these beautiful colors!  I am also playing along with this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #259.  We are to pick a sketch from the past!  I picked #184 and flipped it to make a vertical card.





 As soon as I saw the soft gray as an option, I just knew which stamp set I was going to "knead" to use!  I started with MFT card stock in  smooth white, gumdrop green, and grape jelly.


My card base is smooth white.  I die cut a gumdrop and grape jelly card stocks with Blueprints 13 stitch frame.  I stamped the gumdrop green with pinstripe background using gumdrop green ink.  I stamped the grape jelly using houndstooth background with versamark creating a more distressed subtle stamped image.  I cut the grape jelly panel from corner to corner.  I lined the diagonal with a tiny stripe of smooth white peeking out.   I glued the entire background to the smooth white base using foam mounting tape.  


For the focal point, I die cut pierced circle stax in smooth white and  stamped with sentiment from Totally Happy using hybrid black licorice ink.  Then, I die cut the kitty in a box image from I Knead You die namics using Neenah Solar White card stock.  I stamped the coordinating image from I Knead You stamp set in Hybrid Black Licorice ink.  I colored with copics.    I used foam mounting tape to attach to the pierced circle stax for some added dimension.  I also used some more foam mounting tape to pop up the pierced circle element.  These are the cutest kitties ever!  Well, aside from the real thing, of course!

To comply with sketch elements, I die cut the stitched sentiment strip from Blueprints 20.  I cut to fit on card.  I added a layered die cut button from Blueprints 18 in gumdrop green.  I threaded with some white thread.  I finished my card with a few touches of silver sequins.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

15 comments

  1. Tooooooo stinkin' cute Betty :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun image and sentiment Betty! great job with the colors and sketch - a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card Betty. Your coloring looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card Betty. Love the way you used the colors. That image is so sweet! :) Great coloring. The prints are awesome on the background panels. Congrats on being the Guest Designer at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Betty!!! I love the colours and that kitty is soooo sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a cute card Betty-love the color combo they do make a "happy" card

    ReplyDelete
  7. STOP! I am overwhelmed by the cuteness! You rock Betty! This is ADORBS! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Sunday Sketch, and for being our AMAZING guestie on the Color Throwdown! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, this is about as cute as can be. I love the pretty, bright colors, and that little kitty, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable! Love your layout and fabulous use of the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How perfect is this...adorable too!! Love the layout and stamped panels are perfect!! The kitty and focal panel just make me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stinkin' adorable, Betty! I love that little kitty and you've showcased him perfectly! It's great having you play along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little kitty is sooo cute, Betty, and I love the bold colors in the background...awesome design!!!! I'm so glad you are our Guest Star Stamper this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, Betty! This is the cutest kitten card ever! I LOVE it so much!!! So glad you joined us this week as our Guest Star Stamper!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well how cute is this???? Love your sweet little kitty and the way you've used these Color Throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.