Saturday, December 14, 2019

A Trio of Cards!



Happy Saturday! I have a few projects to share today showcasing Spellbinder's Small Die of the Month and Large Die of the Month.  


Here is some information about 
This month's collection is called "Our Favorite Font Sentiment."  The small DOM contains 14 script word dies. You can use the words alone, combine them, or use them along with a sentiment stamp set.   This is a must have collection.  The perfect size and so many possibilities.  

Here is some information about
This month's collection is called Kaleidoscope Trio Strips and Borders!  You will receive 12 dies to create the following layered  looks.  Do you have to make cards for people in your life that are not into cutesy cards or floral cards?  These Kaleidoscope dies are perfect.  They can go from elegant to a cool geometric design as well as cover all occasions! 

  
I combined the collections this month. I created three different looks for three different occasions, and I used the layered dies three different ways. 


For my first card, I created a Christmas card.  I started with pure poppy card stock landscape card base.  I die cut the first layer of the strip directly into the top portion of the card base.  I only cuts out the negative portion of the die.  This is a great option with these dies. Next, I die cut the top portion of the die.


I layered over the top and glue used Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.  I heat embossed using white embossing powder SSS Merry Christmas sentiment.  I sponged versamark ink around the edges to add some depth.  I finished this card with some white pearls in the center of the layered cut outs.  


 For my second card, I started with select white card stock.  I die cut the first layered negative portion of this design.  I then die cut using aqua mist card stock the top portion.  I glued the top layer portion of the die using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.  


I added foam tape  to the back of this select white panel and added it to a landscape aqua mist card stock base.  The aqua mist shows through to the front creating a more layered look.  I added a tiny touch of black strip pattern paper to the top.  I added my small die of the month sentiment using true black card stock.   I cut two of these and glued together. I finished this card with a few silver pearls.



For this card, I chose to use all of the dies that come with each ensemble.  The dies combined cut out the border completely.  I added the top and bottom cut out dies to the top of the first layer die.  I used spring moss card stock.  Once I die cut four strips, I then started on the top piece.  I die cut four aqua mist card stock top layers.  


I glued to the spring moss pieces using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.  I layered all of the pieces on an angle to create more of a geometric feel.  I used berry sorbet card stock.  I trimmed all the edges that were overhanging.  I added some foam tape to the back and adhered it to a top folding berry sorbet card base. I die cut and layered three of the "thank you" small die of the month sentiments.  I used kraft metallic gold foil for the top layer. I finished my card with tiny gold pearl touches.  Spellbinders Tool 'N One makes die cutting these intricate dies so much easier!

If you are interested, Spellbinders has many Club Kits!
Check these out. 
There are ways to combine the clubs you want, too!

Here is a list of many of the products I generally
use every time I make a card.


5 comments

  1. These inscriptions from Spellbinders are so usefull! Thank you for sharing your idea with us.
    -----------------------------------------------
    "Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks. ~Author Unknown
    - Author Poceni Stampiljke "

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful and graphicly so attractive cards! Great combining of shapes and colours! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning selection of cards that really highlights the beauty and versatility of that fabulous die. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 beautiful cards, love them all! Very elegant! Thanks for joining us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.