Monday, August 28, 2023

Papertrey Ink August Release Countdown Day 4 !




Welcome to Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink Release Countdown!


Papertrey Ink Day 4 Countdown!

  Everything will be available for purchase beginning at 10 PM ET, Tuesday, August 29th!

I have three cards to share today!



For my first card, I used


I started with white card stock.   I  ink blended the Fun Frames: Leaves using amethyst allure, summer sunrise, harvest gold, simply chartreuse,  and pure poppy inks.  I inlaid the leaf veins so that I could ink them up darker for added contrast.  I used the Watercolor Plaid Stencils to create a tonal plaid background. 



I stamped sentiment using the Give Thanks stamps set directly in the center of the frame.  I finished the card with a few clear sequins.

TIPS
- I removed the leaf stems from the die and inked them separately using darker shades for richer detail. I added adhesive card stock to the backs of the leaves for an easy glue inlay.
- I combined tonal colors onto colored card stock to create a soft subtle background using the  Watercolor plaid stencil.
- I added black ink splatters to create dimension and texture.

I started with white card stock.   I die cut, ink blended, and assembled the adorable turky.  I die cut the doily and added tropical teal ink.  I die cut the stitched rectangle and stenciled the top of the leaves die for a fun background.  For the background panel, I once again used the fabulous Watercolor Plaid Stencil.

 


 I arranged the elements onto the card.  I stamped the sentiment using the Give Thanks stamps set. I finished the card with a few clear sequins.

TIPS
- I added ink to the doily after I die cut it to create variation in colors and texture.
- I used the top of the Delicate Tree Stencils to create leafy background pattern. 
- Add shading and copic marker detailing to diecut images to enhance the overall look.



I started with white card stock.   I stamped and die cut all of the leaves.  For the Fun Frames Die, I used Luxe Gold card stock.  See my tips below for the cool technique I used.



 I arranged the elements onto the card.  I chose to ink blend and die cut the Larger Than Life: Fall die for the sentiment.  I finished the card with a few clear sequins.

TIPS
- I die cut the Fun Frames Die with PTI Luxe Gold Cardstock.  This card stock is matte.  However, I added a bit of liquid glue to a tissue and dabbed the die cut leaf frame.  This process removes some of the matte look and leaves a beautiful matte/shinny detail.
- I ink blended the background panel using kraft ink.  I added a couple of the Delicate Trees Stencils tree tops to opposite corners using kraft ink for added background texture.
- I ink blended a panel using amethyst allure  and royal velvet ink.  I added water splatters and let dry.  I die cut the Larger Than Life: Fall Die after panel dries.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!






2 comments

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.