Monday, July 24, 2023

Papertrey Ink July Release Countdown Day 4!



Welcome to Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink Release Countdown!


Papertrey Ink Day 4 Countdown!

  Everything will be available for purchase beginning at 10 PM
ET, Tuesday, July 25th!

I have four cards to share today!

Card 1~ Make a Wish!


For my first card, I used



I started withk kraft and  white card stock.   I stamped the background onto kraft card stock using white pigment ink.  I let it dry.  I die cut the balloons and ink blended with pastel colors.  I assembled the balloon bouquet.  



I arranged all of the elements onto the card.  I added a sentiment from the Hooray, It’s Your Birthday Stamps Set.  I finished the card with with a few clear sequins. 


TIPS
- I love stamping onto kraft with white pigment ink and just letting it dry.  No embossing needed.  The way the white ink blends into the kraft creates a lovely tone to keep a background in the background, yet noticeable.
-I diecut all of the balloon pieces and inkblended the balloons as I went to determine the perfect placement for the balloon bouquet.


Card 2 ~ Happy Birthday! 



For my second card, I used


I started with white card stock.  I stamped and white embossed the background panel.  I ink blended shades of red, orange, and yellow.  I wiped the extra ink off. I diecut and stamped the sentiment. 



I arranged all of the elements onto the card.  I finished the card with with a few clear sequins. 


TIPS
- Use various inking techniques to give your background stamps more versatility.  Here, I used an embossed resist
-Once you finish inking with an emboss resist technique, make sure to buff away ink standing on the white ink. 
-When using a fun background, sometimes that is all you need along with a sentiment to finish the card.


Card 3~ Hooray! It's Your Birthday! 



For my third card, I used



I started with orange zest and  white card stock.   I layered the the cover plate die on my card base. I stamped the background stamp twice and diecut using the Love to Layer: Hearts. I stamped the cake pops and  and die cut all of the floral and leafy elements.  



I arranged all of the elements onto the card.  I stamped a sentiment using the Hooray, It’s Your Birthday Stamps SetI finished the card with with a few clear sequins.  


TIPS
- Mix inks onto the background stamp to create variety of colors when stamping.
- Background stamps are not just for the background.  Here, I die cut the background with hearts and used it as part of the focal point.
- When diecutting a shape, you can layer the shape over the same patter as the pattern below to create a continuous layered effect.

Card 4~ Make a Wish!



I started with white card stock and a pattern paper background. I die cut the balloons and ink blended with pastel colors.  I assemble the balloon bouquet.  



I arranged all of the elements onto the card.  I stamped a sentiment using the Hooray, It’s Your Birthday Stamps SetI finished the card with with a few clear sequins. 


As always thanks so much for stopping by!







Post a Comment

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.