Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Two Cards One Post!



Happy Tuesday!  Popping in with two cards to share today!
For my first card I am playing along with Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge and Fusion Card Challenge.





The PTI Make It Monday Challenge is about Flowers in Reverse.  I chose to make the flowers a shade of soft green and the petals the colors.  I chose the soft pastel colors from the Fusion inspiration photo.





To ground the floral arrangement, I stamped the Cover Up:  Hexagon stamp set in versamark and white embossed.  I softly sponged on some aqua mist ink. I added a few curly sprigs using Forest Floor:  Spring stamp set and Forest Floor die collection.  


For the sentiment I combined Never Enough:  Birthday stamp set and Ways to Say: Birthday Mini stamp set.  I stamped both of these using Smokey Shadow ink.  I added the panel to a weathervane card base.  I finished the card with a few clear sequins.


For my second card, I am playing along with The Card Concept Challenge and The Paper Players.  



I used some of the colors from The Card Concept inspiraton photo and created a clean and layered card.  I realized that I do not have an owl stamp.  At least not one that I know of or can find.  I chose to use a hummingbird instead.  


I started with a PTI select white card base.  I combined some DCWV pattern papers to mimic the colors from the inspiration photo.  I added the Shape Shifters Circle 2 die using select white card stock.  I die cut and stamped my hummingbird using Humming Along stamp set and Humming Along die collection. 


 For the sentiment panel I used prairie grass card stock and Forest Floor:  Spring stamp set and Forest Floor die collection.  I stamped the frame and the sentiment using versamark and white embossed.  I used Penned Elegance stamp set for the sentiment.   I used some foam tape on the images for added depth.  I added some loose thread behind the focal images for added effect.  I finished the card with a few clear sequins. 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!






13 comments

  1. Betty both of your cards are gorgeous, but that hummingbird is a wow! Love the beautiful colors and how you perfectly layered the ink. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! And hi Betty! I get to comment on 2 beauties! Gorgeous pale florals are a knockout, and even more so with your soft subtle bg. love where you went with the CC's challenge. Full of rich pattern and summery color! Thanks for playing along, and thanks for 2 winning inspirational cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really gorgeous cards, Betty! I love how you played with the colors on your flowers and stems...so clever! Beautiful hummingbird and layering, too! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Betty! I love the hummingbird. The colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Betty, such gorgeous cards! Love the stunning combination of papers and elements on the hummingbird card. It's so unique and rich in color! The pastels and big flowers are a perfect complement to your tone on tone embossed panel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fabulous cards Betty - I particularly like the hummingbird one with those bright colours and fabulous layering and background floral panel. Thanks for sharing your creation with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty cards! I love your take on the reverse challenge with the soft green flowers. So soft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two amazing cards, Betty! Love the soft pastels on the first one and the beautiful bold Summertime colors on the second one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creations, both! Your hummer is just delightful with that pretty background paper and subtle circular element! So happy you shared this with us this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Betty! I love the patterned papers used on the hummingbird card. Just lovely. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards. I’m such a fan of your work! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are wonderful, Betty! Love how you use color & elements!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.