Friday, June 22, 2018

PTI Transformation Tuesday: Merry Christmas!





Happy Friday!  I am back today with my first Christmas card of the year!  I am playing along with this week's Merry Monday Challenge and Papertrey Ink's Transformation Tuesday Challenge.  




Original post HERE.

Just above is the card I want to transform.  Even for me it was just too busy.  I kept the general layout and mixed some patterns and elements for a Christmas card that I think work with my pattern mixing look!


I started with a PTI select white card stock base.   I cut a  strip of Bitty Big: Pure Poppy color collection for the left side of the base.  Next, I cut a PTI select white card stock panel that is smaller than the base so the red stripes show.  I used some foam tape to pop this panel up for added dimension.  I then used my Noted: Simply Stitched A2 Vertical die (third largest) to cut two panels using Bitty Big:  Hawaiian Shores color collection and Bitty Big Simply Chartreuse color collection.  I layered these on the card base.  I used some foam tape for the top one.  Then, I die cut my Tag Sale #12 die using the large plaid pattern from the Bitty Big: Pure Poppy color collection. I used the stitched circle that comes with the tag to die cut using the same Bitty Big: Pure Poppy color collection the polka dots.  I layered these together and popped up on my card with foam tape. 



For added interest I die cut and assembled the little boy from the Make It Market: Mini Kit Holiday Pin-Ups and tucked him behind the tag.  For the sentiment, I used the Make It Market: Mini Kit Holiday Tag Along.  I used the smaller of the circle dies that come in the Tag Sale #12 die and cut the sentiment from one of the premade printed tags.  Just the Holiday Tag Along Pattern Paper Collection available, too.  



Once the card was assembled, I combined some embroidery floss for the tag strings.  I finished my card with a few clear sequins. I love this card so much more than my first one.  This just goes to show that you can mix and match fun patterns.

As always thank so much for stopping by!


7 comments

  1. Great redo, Betty! You're so talented putting patterns together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. Love your mix of pattern paper. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darn CUTE Betty!! I just LOVE the mix of bright red & green colors and patterns in this card...a FABULOUS re-do!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Betty! Love your mix of patterned papers! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling card, Betty! Just love the combo of patterns! So glad you could play along at Merry Monday and congrats on your win for this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too darn cute....just love your sweet holiday card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.