Wednesday, March 2, 2022

You Made My Day!

 


Happy Wednesday, friends!  I have a card to share today using the new inspiration from The Card Concept Challenge!


The challenge is Wearing O' The Green!


Hope you can join us and play along!

I was inspired by the colors, the outdoor scene, and the "wearing green" theme!  I dressed my rooster in green feathers and created a clean and layered styled card.


 I  started with select white card stock.   ink blended one panel using limeade ice, new leaf, olive, and rustic wilderness inks.  I ink blended another panel using fine linen, kraft, and a touch of cocoa bean ink.  I added splatters in like colors to each panel.  I die cut the Feather Friends 20 die rooster with the kraft panel and the feathers with the green panel.  I dressed my rooster and set him aside. 


I used the remainder of the green panel to die cut the Branching Out die twice.  I die cut the Picket Fence die twice using select white card stock and stacked together for added dimension before adding it to a select white card panel.  I used an artist brush with black acrylic paint and white acrylic paint to add splatters. 


For the sentiment, I used the Thank You Florals stamp set.  I stamped using versamark onto true black card stock and white embossed. I die cut using my Paper Rose Studio sentiment strips die.  I  added all of my elements and added the panel to a top folding  select white card stock base using foam tape.   I finished the card with a few clear sequins.

I am also playing along with Word Art Wednesday "Anything Goes" Challenge!




Here is a list of many of the products I generally
use every time I make a card.

  
As always thanks so much for stopping by!


4 comments

  1. So incredibly creative! Betty, I'm sure there will be Roosters lining up to be colored so beautifully by you!! x
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see you are designing over here on Card Concept. I love this striking card. That white picket fencing contrasts so perfectly with the bright colors of the rooster. My heart is sing....."De Colores!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my heart Betty!! This is SO stinking cute. I absolutely LOVE this. By the way...I would be honored to have you come link up your wonderful art at my challenge blog. There are awesome prizes to be won from our amazing sponsors and it's always Family Friendly/Anything Goes so your art would be such a warm welcome. Have a great week, and I hope to see you soon at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - challenge blog
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - personal blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colorful rooster and picket fence background. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.