Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Hello, Sweet Friend!




Happy Wednesday, friends! It is the time of the year to get crafting with inspiration from The Card Concept Challenge!

The challenge is Sunny Sunflower!


Hope you can join us and play along!

I was inspired by the flowers, the background, and the gingham.  I created a Mixed Media styled card.


Today, I am using Honey Bee Stamps Sweet Sunflower stamp set and Sweet Sunflower die set. I started with white card stock.  I stamped the flowers and the leaves using Memento tuxedo black ink. I colored the images with Copic Markers.  


For the background, I started with slate card stock.  I used white  acrylic and brown acrylic paint with a large flat artist brush  and dry brushed onto the card stock to create the weathered wood looking background. added foam tape to the back of the panel and added it to a top folding white card base.   Next, I stamped a gingham background using Memento tuxedo black ink onto white card stock. I die cut using a circle die.  I added foam to add to the weathered background panel.  I trimmed the edge. I arranged the flowers using some foam tape and adhesive.


For the sentiment, I used one of the sentiments from the Sweet Sunflowers stamp set with the coordinating Sweet Sunflower die set.  I stamped using versamark ink onto black card stock.  I white embossed. I love that these dies cut a detailed sentiment.  I die cut several more black sentiments pieces and glued together for added dimension.  I finished the card with a few clear sequins.

I am playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.




Here is a list of many of the products I generally
use every time I make a card.

  
As always thanks so much for stopping by!






3 comments

  1. What a beautiful card, sweet friend! Love your sunflowers as well as the sentiment- perfect card to send to uplift someone's spirit:-) Hugs and I hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful card Betty! The dry brushed background is a fantastic way to create the look of wood and those sunflowers are gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, I love this rustic card..beautiful take on the challenge! Thank you for playing with us :) !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.