Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Papertrey Ink June Release Countdown Day 4!

 



Welcome to Day 4  of the Papertrey Ink June Release Countdown!

Papertrey Ink Day 4 Countdown!

Everything will be available for purchase beginning at 10 PM ET, Wednesday the 22nd!

I have three cards to share today!


The first card uses 
I also used


 
For my first card, I ink blended a few panels using Pale Peony, Lovely Lady, and Hibiscus Burst, Soft Stone, Weathervane, and Smokey Shadow inks. I die cut the new Lotty Dotty die.  I die cut the Peony dies.  For some of the elements, I used only white card stock and added the color details after they were die cut for added definition.  


I added a sentiment using the Lush Blooms stamp set
and Lush Blooms die set. I arranged my flowers and sentiment, I used Charming Tags 1 to ground all of my flowers and sentiments. I finished with a few clear sequins.

TIPS
-Ink blend the background panel before you die cut if you want a soft fade.  This way the ink is not emphasized in the cut outs.  
-If you want definition from the pattern of the die cut, definitely ink it up after you die cut it.
-Die cut your white card stock with die cut elements.  Add ink as you go to create variation and definition.

My next card uses




I started with some Pure Poppy card stock.  I die cut the Lotty Dotty die.  I added it to a top folding white card stock base.  I stamped the beautiful flowers using  Lush Blooms stamp set and Lush Blooms die set along with Botanical Bounty stamp set and Botanical Bounty die set



I white embossed Penciled Outlines Stamps and Dies  for the large frame and for the sentiment. I see these Penciled Outlines Stamps and Dies  becoming a well-loved.  They are so versatile.  I used Floating By Stamp for the sentiment. I finished with a few clear sequins.



TIPS
-Don't be afraid to combine flowers and dies from different stamp sets. 
-For the Penciled Outlines, stamp first, then die cut! 
-When white embossing onto colored card stock, add some white splatters to the whole card.  It makes the embossing powder fallout part of the design!


I created a shaker card.  I die cut several colors of card stock and inlaid the dots to create this fun and colorful focal frame.  I die cut the elements for the cupcakes using the Sweet Celebrations Dies.  I die cut the Border Bling: Skinny Star Frames die and added some of the left over circle and stars bits to fill my shaker window. 


 I used Floating By Stamp for the sentiment. This set has some wonderful sentiments and the detail die to go with it.   I finished with a few clear sequins.


TIPS
-Use small scraps of card stocks in different colors behind the Border Bling: Lotty Dotty Dies when you run it through your diecutting machine for the inlay technique. You do not need whole panels for this look. 
-Use die cut pieces, like the stars and the circles, for added shaker elements!



 
As always thanks so much for stopping by!





1 comment

  1. Beautiful cards! The Penciled Outlines stamps & dies plus Lotty Dotty are a must have after seeing your creations. ( I love the flowers also but only buy a few things at a time!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.