Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Sending Hugs!



Happy Wednesday!  I have a card to share today using products from several companies.  Some of these items I came across while I was cleaning my craft room.  

While cleaning and rearranging a few stamps and dies, I came across some neglected items that I have not used in awhile.  I have really loved all of the tulip stamps I have been seeing lately.  I started looking through my stash of stamps and came across Spring Tulip stamp set from My Favorite Things.(retired).  I die cut the large tulip images and stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink onto select white card stock.  I colored with Copic markers.  


For the background, I came across my bin of distress ink cubes.  I have been using distress oxides mostly.  So,  I decided to use my distress inks for this card.  I blended tumbled glass and broken china inks to create a soft blue background for the tulips.  I added some black splatters with black acrylic paint, a paint brush, and an acrylic block.  I die cut this panel with diagonal stitched frames.    I love that edge detailing.  I added the panel to a top folding select white card stock base using foam tape.  


Next, I arranged the tulips onto the front.  I used Nuvo Deluxe adhesive as well as some foam tape to give lift to the tulip flowers, but have the stems lay flat.  Next, I flipped through my word dies.  I came across Honey Bee stamps Hugs.  I decided to use it.  I layered true black, select white, and gold metallic kraft.  I love the extra touch of gold.  


For the "sending" sentiment, I used Simon Says Stamps You Matter stamp set.  I stamped with versamark ink and heat embossed using white embossing powder.  I used a tiny strip of foam tape to pop this sentiment just above the hugs.   I finished my card with a few clear sequins.  

I am playing along with Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge to use dies/punches!



Here is a list of many of the products I generally
use every time I make a card.


As always thanks so much for stopping by!




3 comments

  1. I adore your card, Betty - the happy tulips growing up from your sentiment is a lovely touch! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I absolutely love it! It's simple but stunning!I can see myself coloring a bunch of the tulip die cuts while watching TV and having them on hand for a quick card. Simply love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.