Sunday, August 2, 2020

Flippin' Awesome!


Hello friends!  I have two cards to share today showcasing some new products from Spellbinders by Jane Davenport.
 
 

My first card uses Jane Davenport's Happy Little Dolphin Etched Dies.  I started with some select white card stock.  I ink blended two panels using distressed oxide blueprints sketch, distressed oxide broken china, and distressed oxide tumbled glass inks.  One panel I used for the background the other I die cut the wave elements from the Happy Little Dolphin Etched Dies.  I glued the wavy dies into place using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.  I added clouds with a cloud stencil.  



Next, I die cut the dolphin from the Happy Little Dolphin Etched Dies twice using gray card stock and select white card stock.  I colored the eye using a black marker.  I added dot detailing with shades of gray alcohol markers. I added some highlight detailing with a white sakura gel pen.  For the sentiment, I white embossed onto black card stock the sentiment from Honey Bee Stamps Flippin' Fabulous stamp set.  I finished the card with a few clear sequins.


My second card uses Jane Davenport's Mermaid Paper Doll Stamp and Die Set. I started with select white card stock.  I ink blended distressed oxide blueprints sketch and distressed oxide broken china,  I used white acrylic paint to create some splatters.   I die cut the mermaid tail using purple glittered paper.  I left some of the pieces in the tail for added effect.  


Next, I die cut the waves and the splash elements from Happy Little Dolphin Etched Dies.  I cut a slit in the background panel to position the mermaid tail.  I added the waves and splash dies around.  I chose to leave these panels white to look like surface waves and splashes. For the sentiment, I white heat embossed onto black card stock a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Just Because Word Mix 2 stamp set.  I finished the card with a few clear sequins. 


Post a Comment

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.