Thursday, February 12, 2009

Buttons and Fabric!!!


This card is for SCS Ways to Use it Challenge (WT205). As soon as I read that we are to use fabric, I knew I wanted to combine it with the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday button challenge(FTTC2) for the week.
I have been making a lot of CAS cards of late. Why? These cards are the HARDEST cards in the world to make to me!!! LOL!!!! I tip my hat to all you CAS PROS!!!!! For me, it is easy to throw layers and stuff on a card and have it look okay, but when you get down to the bikini of cards...there is NO HIDING!!!! I find the CAS simply challenging!!!!
I have had a box of fabric swatches my sister gave me for well over a year. I do not think I have made anything with them...until now. This striped fabric actually had the pinking edge already there. I selected some cardstock that matched it and I was on my way. I am using Flourishes, LLC Spring Ephemerals set. One can never go wrong with this set. I should have picked it up first.
Currently, I am without a CUTTLEBUG!!!!! I am really down to the bare minimums it seems!!!!
For those of you on the fence about getting a cuttlebug, GET IT!!!! It is probably the most used item in my craftroom aside from cardstock, ink, and stamps!!!! A few months ago I was running an embossing sandwich through the bug when I hear an awful sounding cracking noise. I thought....I bet I just cracked my first plate. Plate cracking must be fairly common....no problem. Anyhow, when I looked. it was NOT the plates that cracked but the side of my cuttlebug all the way across. I almost freaked. Of course, I checked to see if I could still cut out dies with it, and it did work. However, when I would try to put my sandwich through it, it would creaked and the crack would open. I thought the whole side would crack and the bug would split in two. So for over a month or more, I used a bone folder to emboss with my nesties. I mentioned my cracked cuttlebug on one of my DT threads. I had a friend mention to contact Provocraft. I never thought to contact them. I mean....my CB is over a year old and well loved. I did it anyway...nothing to lose, right. I received an email back giving me a shipping address to return it and they would replace it. WHAT!?!??!? Of course, I had to pay the shipping to them. It cost $15 UPS, but still.....I am getting a new cuttlebug. That is fantastic customer service!!!!! So, for now....I have NO cuttlebug which means NO textured plates, NO NESTIES shapes, NO swirls and flourishes...NOTHING!!! I wonder how long it will take for me to get my bug back? Patience!!!! I know!!!
STAMPS
Flourishes Spring Ephemerals
CARDSTOCK PTI Ripe Avocado, Aqua Mist, Vanilla Cream, SU really rustINK,Aqua Mist, Adirondack Lettuce
ACCESSORIESAqua Mist ribbon, corner punch, buttons, kite string, fabric

8 comments

  1. I love your colors, Betty! Bikini of cards...too funny!! I'm with you about it being difficult stripping it down, but your card doesn't show your struggle :). BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute "bikini"!!! :) Good job with the challenge!!
    Jenni King

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, I love this card! The simple design, the fabric, buttons, colors--all of it is just wonderful! I hope your new Cuttlebug arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful challenge card Betty! It's a challenge in itself not using your die cut machine, huh?!! I KWYM about using it for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Betty, great material and I like the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! I really struggle with the both of these!! You card turned out so pretty!! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow love this card, I am with you about the CAS card, they are hard to pull off, I have been trying lately tho. That is great about your cuttlebug! I love mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, Betty, who needs a cuttlebug when you can make such gorgeous cards without one!!! Your talent just shines with this gorgeous card, gf....I love every little detail!!! Thanks for the info about the customer service...I am so glad you are getting a new bug!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.