Saturday, February 28, 2009

Framed Serenity


This framed Serenity Prayer combines two challenges. The first is Julia's Ways to Use it Frugal Finds(WT207). I purchase several sets these hanging frames a few years ago at the Target dollar spot. Except I think they were $2.50 a set. I have not done a lot with them. As I was going through the Room Service Home website, I came across this desk set. Immediately, I was drawn toward the dry erase hanging in the background and I remembered my frames. A frugal find is only a frugal find if it is used, otherwise it is wasted money. So, I am finally using my frames!!!


I thought the frame would look wonderful with tomorrow's Our Daily Bread Designs Serenity Prayer release. Thanks, Stef for great inspiration, and thanks to Julia for an awesome frugal finds challenge.


I embossed the prayer on textured cream cardstock using versa mark and black ep. I love the elegant simplicity of just the embossed prayer with nothing else added. I chose not to do anything else to it except switch out the ribbon hanger to black gingham. What do you think? I think I will hang this one in my craft room. It is a great gift idea whether it is a prayer or a scripture.


STAMPS Our Daily Bread Designs Serenity Prayer

INK Versa Mark

PAPER The Paper Company's cream white

ACCESSORIES black 5/8" gingham, black squared frame, black ep

6 comments

  1. Great idea framing this Betty. Its a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Betty! Elegant but simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely sentiment and a great framed elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun Betty!! Love your frame and your gingham ribbon for the hanger!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo beautiful, Betty....I love the idea of framing the sentiment...gorgeous with the ribbon hanger!!! Thanks for the inspiration...I have lots of old frames in storage. Now I know what to do with them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.