Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Timeless Tuesday!



It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!!!! Thanks so much for all who played along with us last week. This week I am hosting the Timeless Tuesday Challenge. It seems that buttons are everywhere. Whether they are tiny or huge, colorful or clear, slick or textured, or even stamped, they are one of the hottest items out there. So, this week your challenge is to use buttons!!!! While we are on the subject of buttons, would you like our Timeless Tuesday button for your blog? Check out the Flourishes Newsletter for code information and to find out who won last weeks Timeless Tuesday Challenge!!!

Buttons!!!! Can you believe I actually wanted to use buttons? You all know I have button issues. However, I am trying to embrace buttons!!!!! I know my buttons are really small. Actually, they are brad buttons, but they still look like buttons. It counts!!!!! So, even if you have button issues like me, you can still play along.

For this card, I used the Flourishes, LLC Poppy Patch and Many Sentiments sets. This card has alittle story, though. Jodi(Kharmgirl) did this card several weeks ago. I really loved her card and kept thinking I bet I could recreate it using Flourishes stamps. Well, once I started probing, I realized that the card Jodi did is a feature stamper challenge CASE. So, it is Judy(JaydeKay) card that started it all. I kept the basic layout of Jodi's card except I went with my usual 5.5 square size so slight modifications had to be made. I also went with some bold colors. I am using Prism by Prismatics classic red which is more of a tomato red. I am also using some kiwi kiss, basic black, and gp white. LOVE this color combo.

As for my poppies, I stamped the general layout and edged around the poppies with R27 copic. I colored the leaves and stamped additional poppies onto another piece of gp white cardstock. I colored these with copics. I used R27 and R29 and the colorless blender to remove ink to create some highlights. I cut out the poppies and adhered the top three directly to the flowers and added dimensionals to the bottom two. I also added some C1 for shadow effect beside the stems and the flowers. I do not have the greens in the copics the shade I needed to color the leaves so I used a blender pen and adirondack lettuce. I really love my bold dimensional poppies card!!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by. Check out the other Friends of Flourishes Blogs to see what they did with buttons! scoop Becca Feeken, Cindy Haffner , Dee Jackson , Kimberly Crawford, and Silke Ledlow’s .


STAMPS

Flourishes Poppy Patch and Many Sentiments

PAPER

Prism by Prismatics classic red, kiwi kiss, basic black, and gp white

INK

Black Staz on, Copics

ACCESSORIES,

Two black tiny button brads(MM), gold cording, scallop border punch, dimensionals


15 comments

  1. Gorgeous! Oh Betty the flowers look great and your coloring is fantastic! Buttons you say... I am horrible with buttons.... But I will give it a shot. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used buttons! I'm so proud! {wink} Love these colors, and love that gold cording treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZER!! This is so gorgeous!! The red flowers are so pretty and the buttons are fab!! :) TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Betty!! I just got this set you have given me some beautiful inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your button brads, and love your gorgeous card Betty. Super job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is GORGEOUS!! love love love the colours and the images are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous - Betty!!! I love buttons, but rarely use them...so this was a very fun challenge for me!!! Thanks for keeping us on our toes - LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Betty - this is gorgeous! I love those poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the card and the button brads
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AMAZING Betty! LOVE the stamps you used on this and your coloring is out of this world!! You are so amazing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty this is so very beautiful and the colors really speak!! Way to go!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful poppies on this Betty! they look like they are growing in the garden! super coloring and layering! and cute little buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty you've done a fabulous job with these poppies. Such wonderful color, and a gorgeous combination of paper and I love the buttons.

    Congrats on the Blog Team Coordinator position Betty too....I'm so proud of you! You really do a wonderful job and your creativity is awesome for the team!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the scallop border and placement of the poppies, such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.