Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Timeless Tuesday Challenge!


It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge. This week Silke Ledlow is hosting the Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC4). She wants us to use vellum on our cards. There are all types of vellums. You have vellum cardstock, vellum paper, colored vellum, embossed vellum, printed vellum, and all kinds of vellum stickers and embellishments. In addition, there are many techniques that can be done using vellum. So, the challenge this week is to dust off your vellum stash and do something with it!!!!

I am using Flourishes Summer Botanicals and Many Sentiment sets. I love this coneflower. It looks just as fabulous in bright colors as it does as a silhouette image. Here I am using some tempting turquoise, so saffron, kiwi kiss, and regal rose colors. They are bold and bright, but I muted the tones a bit with some Ranger Antique Linen distressed ink. I also stamped En Francaise and Sanded dp onto both the dp pieces and edged the pieces with so saffron and regal rose to further mute the hues. I love the effect. Actually, I used the sanded background on the satin ribbon, too, to create a more vintage feel. I then used the same background stamps to create a texture on the kiwi kiss cardstock behind the coneflower. I love the look. I added some paper piercing to the edges to create more interest and frame detailing. I finished with a staz on stamped vellum overlay sentiment. For my sentiment, I use a piece of the 12 X 12 basic gray pattern which is a larger print so the butterfly would be more visible. Love that, too. I used to gold encased pearlized buttons to finish the card. I cut off the button backing and added glue dots.

I am also combining this challenge with the OCC which is to use a tag on our cards.

Be sure to check to see what the other blog team members did with vellum
Cindy Haffner and Kimberly Crawford, and Silke Ledlow
STAMPS
Flourishes Summer Botanicals and Many Sentiment, SU En Francaise and Sanded backgrounds
PAPER
tempting turquoise, so saffron, kiwi kiss, and regal rose, vanilla cream, Basic Gray Urban Prairie
INK
Adirondack Lettuce, Staz on Olive Green, tempting turquoise, so saffron, regal rose, Ranger antique Linen, Tea dyed
ACCESSORIES
CM oval cutting system, pearl buttons, satin ribbon, glue dots, foam tape, Purple scallop oval giga punch, gold cording, CAD, sponges


13 comments

  1. you are so talented...you should send some my way >"< Fabulous card, so much love and detail goes into your work. You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several people have contacted me that they are having problems leaving a comment. I am trying to do this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It works for me, but then again...I have to sign in so the word verification does NOT show. Phooey. Thought I would at least try and let you all know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - Betty!!! I love the different colors you've used and the smashing pearl buttons!!! Love how you added the vellum to your tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty how you get this comment, I love your card, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to say hope you get this comment and I see that it now works, still lovin' your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, this is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the softness of it! Gorgeous, gorgeous card, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is So beautiful, Betty! The vellum tag is fabulous-what a wonderful idea!!
    Love the colors too! They just make me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Betty. I love the tag and the pearl brads are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! Such vibrant colors, and I love how you muted them...and those buttons {swoon}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Betty, this is stunning!! I love everything about it!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.