Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Potter!!!! and a card from Kelley!!!!


First of all, I must say that I am very late with these challenges. I was out of town on Sunday when Jami Bova was introduced as this week's Feature Stamper. I just knew I had to do a card for Jami since she is a super sweet person, she makes fabu cards, and she designed my blog banner....love it!!! The girl just rocks!!! So, here is the card I chose to case after much perusing. Congratulations, Jami for such a well-deserved honor!!!!

I changed the colors to comply with CC207 and images, but I tried to stay true with the sketch and the Bible scripture theme. I did not use pattern paper because I am combining this challenge with the CC207. We are to use summer sun, kiwi kiss, and pumpkin pie. When I thought of these colors, I immediately thought southwest feel.

I am previewing a new set by
ODBD You are the Potter to be released March 1st. These clay jars are perfect with these colors. Also, let me just add, that coloring these clay pots is fun and easy. LOVE it.

STAMPS
ODBD You are the Potter
PAPER PTI dark chocolate, pumpkin pie, kiwi kiss, summer sun, gp white
INK PTI dark chocolate, copic and permanent markers
ACCESSORIES Scor-Pal, chocolate twill ribbon, HPH retired, MS border punch, foam tape





Judy Rozema the Our Daily Bread Design Team Coordinator assigned those of us who wanted to play in a special Valentine Project during February a design team member to send a card to during the month. We were to keep it all a secret and post the card we received during the last week in February. Imagine my surprise when I received this beauty from none other than the owner of ODBD, Kelley Holland!!! IT is GORGEOUS!!!! She is using the ODBD I am the Way set!!!! Her flower is beautifully colored and she added some shimmerz for a soft sparkly effect. Love the colors, the hardware, and stickpin detailing. I think it is just beautiful!!!! Happy Valentine's to me!!!! Thanks so much, Kelley!!!!!


11 comments

  1. Oh Betty, what a special treat!! This is a gorgeous card and I'm so tickled that you were lucky enough to draw Kelley's name!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is so beautiful!! Fabulous creations they both are!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty - I love those clay pots in these gorgeous southwest colors!! What a treat to get a Kelley original!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are both just beautiful love those clay pots
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW-that Southwestern card is FABULOUS > Love everything about it. Its a great case of Jami's and the coloring is superb. I love the coloring and the beautiful DP oof the 2nd card too. Great work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two really beautiful cards. I just love the pottery with that Bible verse. Such a wonderful creation. Kelley's card is really fabulous. Lots of talent going around. Super job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards these are! I love your border with the pots - and the colors look awesome! How fun to get a Kelley card!

    I loved mine from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, great watercoloring on the pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The clay pots are just AWESOME, Betty...absolutely gorgeous colors and the scripture is wonderful!!! The card from Kelley is sooo beautiful...a real keepsake!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Betty!! Those colors were difficult and you used them beautifully!!! Great Job!! Love it!! Great watercoloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How neat to get a card from Kelley!!! It is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.