Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Am the Way!



This card is for the Card Positioning Systems (CPS101) Sketch Challenge. I am using the newly released ODBD I Am the Way set. I have wanted to make a card using the largest of the curved Nestabiities. I cut out two panels in cardstock and one in Scenic Route Sonoma. I adhered the dp to one of the cardstock pieces. I punched out word window punches at the top to run my black grosgrain through to tie the front of the card to the back. I stamped my scripture in both black staz on and Ranger Fired Brick. I used my word window punch to punch out all the words in the scripture that are capitalized for emphasis. I added some fired brick to the edges of the punched pieces and adhered. I added some gold pearl domes. I punched out a circle and stamped the smallest lily in the set. I colored it and stamped another image colored, and cut it out. I added some regal red shimmerz to the petals. I attached over the other circle stamped flower using dimensions. I used black floss to create the X pattern that is in the skecth. I love the finish card. What do you think?
STAMPS
ODBD I Am the Way
PAPER
basic black, TPC cream, Scenic Route Sonoma
INK
Ranger Fired Brick, Black Staz on
ACCESSORIES
Nestabilites curved rectangles, SU punches, gold pearl domes, dimensionals, foam tape, permanent bic markers, shimmerz, black floss, black grosgrain




21 comments

  1. I LOVE how you highlighted words in red!! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, this card is stunning girl!!! I love the colors and well I love everything about it!!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do I think? Well, that is a silly question..I think it is so awesomely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this...and NOT just because of the RED (LOL!)....the words added with the gold domes? stand out so beautifully!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is fabulous.. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is so gorgeous!! Really love that yummy ribbon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This absolutely beautiful Betty!!!! Love the ribbon and the shape of the card as well as how you made certain words pop out. Very Striking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Betty!! This is fabulous!! Love the colors!! And the red words are just fantastic!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a great card love the colors
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Betty! Love the way you popped up the words...fabulous effect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous, Betty! Love those rich, bold colors and the way you highlighted the key words!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW - Betty - your card is FABULOUS!!! Love the color, the BV and the layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow, Betty! This is so stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so stunning, Bettie! I just love what you did with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betty, I love what you've done with the words in highlighting ...what a rich creation! Rich with meaning and beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Betty this is stunning! You show this stamp off so well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Betty -- this is just a stunning card! That has always been one of my favorite verses! It looks so beautiful in those high contrast colors-- WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Betty!! I just love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. SOOOOOOOOO beautiful!! Love the shape, and how you used the word window punch and those itty bitty pearls....OOoooooh!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a FAB card!!! LOVE what you did with that sentiment and your colors/design are just striking!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.