Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Footprints in the Sand!


This card is for yesterday's SCS Color Combo Challenge (CC206). Thanks Emily for a great color combo!!! Of course, when I first saw the color choices I thought.... love the kiwi and the rose red, but the more mustard had me stumped. I had forgotten about the retired prints pattern paper stack from last fall, so I pulled it out and thought the grid pattern in the more mustard would look okay. I am using ODBD Footprints in the Sand set. I stamped my image directly onto the pattern more mustard paper. Love the look.
I colored a regular sized paper clip with a permanent mustard looking marker and added a piece of the ribbon from the retired theater ribbon package.
I had to send my cuttlebug back to Provocraft for a replacment. I have been almost a week without it. No nesties, no sizzix, no embossing folders....oh my. What is a girl to do? This girl is dragging out every punch she can find. Some I have not used in years!!!! I used the notch corner punch on this card. I added a scallop border punch detail and a few gold pearl domes to finish my card.


10 comments

  1. This is absolutely stunning Betty!! I so much love that sentiment that I just went and purchased it!! Amazing card!! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful love the foot prints
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, I like what you did with the color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful, Betty....I love the Footprints image and how you stamped the images on the paper along the side....looks gorgeous!!! I bet those punched are happy you showed them a little love, too....I hate to see a lonely punch...heeheehee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure did this set justice Betty! Love this combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! Gorgeous card Betty!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! I love the images on that grid paper, and the little bit of scalloped edge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card Betty. Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I so appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Betty. Everytime I read this it gives me chills. I forget sometimes what God can do for me. Such a great way to use these colors...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Pretty Betty!!! Great job on the color challenge. That color challenge had me stumped to but it did finally come together. I love the way you used the mustard grid paper and stamped the footprints in the sand image on it. One of my all time favorite poems. It brings back memories. I cross-stiched for my mother in law when she first found out her cancer had come back. So powerful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.