Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Timeless Tuesday!!!!



All of us are so excited to be a part of the Flourishes "Timeless Tuesday". We, the Friends of Flourishes, will be bringing you exciting and different challenges each week. This week Cindy Haffner is hosting our first ever Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge. To kick off this challenge in a Flourishes way she wants us all to use flourishes and swirls of any kind. So if it has a flourish or a swirl, it will work. Check the Flourishes Newsletter for challenge and link information, and to find out what you need to do to win!!!! Names of all those that entered will be shuffled through random.org and the winner gets a $10 gift certificate to use in the Flourishes store. Look out for surprise monthly drawings as well!

I used the Flourishes, LLC Lace Heart for my card. I just love this heart stamp. I combined real red, regal rose, and gp white. I created my background paper by stamping the heart several times. I stamped the heart in regal rose across the page, then turned it upside down and stamped in between. I love the finished look with all those flourishes and swirls. I stamped my heart for my focal image. I stamped the word LOVE that comes in the set in real red. I added a a layered prima with a pearl button to the center. I used my new sizzix swirl die cut to add a few swirls to my flowers along with the MS branch punch. I finished with a bow that came on a Christmas candy box or something. The bow was already tied. All I had to do was clip the back and attach it to the card. It is a very fine red and white strip. I did add a few red basic gray enamel brads.


Be sure to check out the Flourishes Newsletter for challenge details and instructions. Also, check out all the blog teams sites to see what what all the Friends of Flourishes created for the challenge. Becca Feeken , Cindy Haffner , Dee Jackson , and Kimberly Crawford, and Silke Ledlow.


Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!


STAMPS Flourishes, LLC Lace Heart INK real red and regal rose PAPER real red, regal rose, gp white ACCESSORIES primas, pearl button, sizzix swirl die cut, enamel brads, foam tape, dimensionals, ribbon(unknown), MS branch punch



17 comments

  1. Betty this is so pretty and girly! I love the heart, great ribbon bow and flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! THat is Gorgeous! that bow is just perfect and I love that layered flower!!! This ROCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful creations!! Love the accented corners--and that stamp in the center is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty - thank you for all your hard work!!! Your card is simply gorgeous!!! Oh - I think I want this Set now too - LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely Betty! That flourished heart is super and your flower and die cuts add just the right touch to the corners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!! All the flourishes are perfect!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just beautiful!
    I love square cards, so very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is GOR-JUS
    I really want that set! Such a pretty color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful!! I love this Flourishes heart and the Love in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, Betty!!! I love the red and white color combo and stamping the Love in the middle of the heart looks fabulous!!!! The flowers, flourishes, brads, ribbon...everything looks amazing!!!!! Awesome work, gf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Betty! I saw this on SCS and I just love all the pretty details...the ribbon and flower are just perfect for this image!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Betty, you sure hit the Swirls challenge in a big way!!! I love it this is a jaw dropping card!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Betty! I love the word LOVE on the heart and the beautiful cluster of flowers and flourishes is a show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful monochromatic card!! I really need to participate in more of the FLLC challenges! I just need more time...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.