Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Tower!




This card is for today's SCS Inspiration Challenge (IC168). Thanks, Stef for great inspiration! I combined a rug and a pillow for inspiration with my card. Here are the links. Pillow Rug

I am using Our Daily Bread Designs Keep My Lamp Burning set. I stamped the focal image in Pink Passion and the scripture in Adirondack Lettuce in keeping with the pillow colors. I also am using Raspberry Fizz and Spring Moss cardstock. To keep with the floral rug look, I am using Basic Gray, Perhaps (I think). Since the paper is on a white base instead of black like the rug, I opted for a 1" piece of grosgrain and a black layer behind image to bring out some black tones. I used a MS border punch to add some color contrast and detail. I finished with two white brads.

STAMPSOur Daily Bread Designs Keep My Lamp Burning, PAPER PTI Raspberry Fizz, Spring Moss, gp white, Basic Gray PERHAPS, INK Pink Passion, Adirondack Lettuce ACCESSORIES, MS border punch, 1" black grosgrain, white brads.

Some whine with that cheese, please!!!! This is DAY 10 without my cuttlebug. I have learned that I reach for my cb often only to realize that it is NOT there. I really do not think I made cards before I got it...lol!!! I decided that the cuttlebug is much like a dishwasher in that I can make cards without it just like I can have clean dishes, but the process is totally different. Maybe the dishwasher is NOT a good comparison. A more fitting one is hairstyling perhaps. I can roll my hair with a brush and a blow dryer, but using a curling iron or electric rollers makes the task entirely different. Okay, that analogy is NOT good, either.

It gets down to the fact that there are soooo many things I CANNOT do without the cuttlebug. Now, I realize this is one of many types of die cut and embossing machines on the market. Of course, it is the only one I have ever used or had. It has truly revolutionized the way I make cards....the embossing folders, die cuts, etc..... I have finished whining for now....lol!!!! Thanks for reading!!!! It is so nice to share!!!!

12 comments

  1. So very beautiful Betty!! Really love the pink and browns in this!! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog, Betty! I just adore your cards, and this one is no exception! I love the colors on this with the black accents! Beautiful! I hope your CB makes its way back home soon : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Miss Betty this is fab, i love the stamp against your paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty - I love this card!!! I'm so glad you used some fun bright colors with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I feel your pain. I love my cb. Such a pretty card. I love the way you used these colors with this set. This is such a super stamp set. I just got this one..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love seeing the stamp set in pink. Go ahead and let off steam. I have had my Big Shot for a few months and I don't know what I ever did before. I hope your cuttlebug gets back to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME!!!!! I love this card!! With or without your beloved Cuttlebug it ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that pink lighthouse!!! What a cool card!! Sorry to hear you are missing your bug...I would be lost without mine too! :) And yet your cards are all still nothing less than amazing!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness!!! A pink lighthouse!!! Oh my goodness!!! I'm speechless - stunned by this brilliant creation... A pink lighthouse get outta town!!!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! The colors and paper are awesome! So happy and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pink colors on this card! You did an awesome job, no need for the BUG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is really nice and thinking outside that box with the colors loving the pink
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.