Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Flower Inspiration!!!



It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!!!! Thanks so much for all who played along with us last week. This week Dee Jackson is hosting the Timeless Tuesday Challenge. Flowers, flowers everywhere!!! Whether they are stamped, silk, real, punched, fabric, dried, crocheted, or clear, if it looks like a flower it is a flower!!! So, this week your challenge is to use flowers!!!! Be sure to check out the Flourishes Newsletter to get all the challenge information.


For my card I chose to use the newly released Signs of Spring set. I wanted to focus on only one flower. I am loving bold color combos lately. I am using some Prism medium blush red, certainly celery and black. I love this large flower that comes in the Signs of Spring set. It is big enough to work with an is a true stand alone on a card. I watercolored my flower. I actually followed Christine Okken's watercolor tutorial that was on last week's Flourishes Friday Focus. WOW!!!! It was a fabulous tutorial. I am quite pleased with my effort. I actually left some white space....lol!!!! I must confess, though, I did used some copic markers to get some of the deeper color saturation areas. Practice! Practice! I love this quote by Monet that is in the set. To finish off my flower card, I used a piece of basic gray urban prairie dp that I cut using a border punch. I added two urban prairie glazed brads, and some black satin ribbon. The ribbon and basic gray products can be found at the Flourishes store.
Be sure to visit the Friends of Flourishes blog team's sites
to see what each created using flowers.
STAMPS
Flourishes Signs of Spring
INK
Black staz on, blush blossom, cameo coral, certainly celery, copics
PAPER
Certainly celery, black, strathmore watercolor paper, Prism medium blush red, Basic Gray Urban Prairie dp
ACCESSORIES
MS border punch, Basic Gray Urban Prairie glazed brads, black satin ribbon, CAD, foam tape

12 comments

  1. Beautiful! I love this gorgeous daffodil set, and I think it's great that you mixed your coloring mediums. All the better when you end up with such a lovely image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous watercoloring!! BEAUTIFUL card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous and so classy - I love it Betty!!! The water coloring and the colors are fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZER!! THis is truly beautiful!! Love the red and the beautifully colored flower image!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Betty your coloring is awesome on the daffodil, wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty this is so very pretty, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, this is gorgeous!! You did a phenomenal job with the water coloring!!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  8. just gorgeous love the watercoloring
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous color Betty! Nothing like a beautiful Flourishes flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW oh WOW. Love the vibrant coloring. Super layout. I think this is my favorite flower set. Super job...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty I saw this on the Flourishes blog and had to come over here to let you know how beautiful this is >"<

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - I love your red daffodil!!! The shading is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.